Cesar E. Chavez Middle School
Pájaro Valley Unified School District
440 Arthur Road
Watsonville, California 95076
Oct. 20 - 24, 2014
- Word of the Month: Students this month, we are going to study the word “Grit.” Grit can be defined as “firmness of character; indomitable spirit and perseverance and passion for long-term goals.” Grit is a combination of persistence and resilience. Grit is not giving up when faced with an obstacle. Grit is finishing what one starts. Grit is getting back up after one has fallen down, again and again.
Monday, Oct. 20 : Periods 1-6
Tuesday, Oct. 21: Periods 1-6
Wednesday, Oct 22: Periods 1-6 Classes dismissed at 12:32
Thursday, Oct. 23: Periods 1 -6
Fresh Fruit and Vegetables at lunch with Patrick
Friday, Oct. 24: Periods 1 - 6
Teachers and Students:
- Students, please remember to follow the following very important school rules:
- Bring a helmet if you want to ride your skateboard on school property.
- Follow the school dress code; Girls and boys, please dress appropriately for school.
- Please have your parents call the school or write a note for you if you are absent from school.
- Please take five seconds to throw away your trash into a trash can after you have finished eating at break and at lunch.
- Students, are you interested in putting together our Yearbook. The Yearbook meets on Wednesdays after school at 12:32 in Ms. Bousquet’s.
- Students, if you received a form for tutoring, please remember that you have until Oct. 21 to turn the form into the Main Office. This is a terrific program for those students who qualify. You will receive a tutor who can help understand and complete your class assignments.
- 8th Grade students, the2nd quarter of 8th grade promotion starts on October 20th. Stop by the after school office to pick up a form. To secure a spot the last day to register will be October 17th. Please drop off forms in the after school office ASAP!
7th and 8th grade students, if you are interested in representing CCMS as a member of the group that goes to Kawakami, Japan this year, sign-ups will begin tomorrow. Students, you have until Monday, October 20 to sign up for the trip. Please see Mr. Benavidez if you are interested.
Here is a picture from our assembly to honor those students who have shown "Grit" during the month of February. Congratulations to these "Gritty" students!